Canoeing is a water sport practiced in rivers, the sea, and various water surfaces, from flat water to faster water. Using single or two-seater canoes, the participant is equipped with a life jacket and a paddle to help move the canoe. In tourist activities, this modality is adapted to the participant’s level of practice and is supervised by experienced guides, who do all the accompanying of the activity.
Canoeing in Óbidos Lagoon
is a fun activity and ideal for lovers of water sports. This canoeing activity is indicated for people who prefer calm walks through the largest lagoon system in Portugal, with a great wealth of fauna and flora. It has a total area of approximately 6.9 km2 and an average depth of two meters, with elevations ranging from half a meter to five meters. The participants are led by a guide, who is responsible for guiding the group during the entire journey.
Points of interest
- Vast and rich ecosystem, its fauna is made up of fish species
- The Avifauna Community
- Flamingos Óbidos Lake:
- Medieval Town of Óbidos:
- 10h00: Beginning of the activity in Covão dos Musaranhos
- 10h05: Briefing of the activity
- Presentation of the activity
- Safety rules and explanation of maneuvers in the canoe
- 10h30: Beginning of the tour around Óbidos Lagoon
- 12h00: End of the tour at Covão dos Musarenhos and farewell to the participants
- Canoe Sitontop Bi-seater; kite; buoyancy aid (Vest);
- Personal accident insurance; Civil liability insurance;
- License RNAAT nº 67/2007 from Turismo de Portugal, recognized as Nature Tourism by ICNF, VAT at the legal rate.
- Photographic record
- Water and snack
- Transfer service